The ICS-7003 is a full length PCI Express card capable of carrying two single-width PCI Mezzanine Card (PMC) modules. It allows the User I/O (Pn4) connectors of the two sites to be interconnected, or to be connected to external equipment in a flexible fashion. The card incorporates a PCI Express to dual PCI-X bridge providing x8 (8-lane) PCI Express operation. It is capable of 64-bit, 133 MHz PCI-X operation on both local segments. The board is capable of a data transfer rate of up to 2 GBytes/second in each direction on the PCI Express segment. The ICS-7003 connects the Pn4 (User I/O) connectors of the two PMC sites independently to a 1.5 million gate FPGA. These connections support LVDS signals. Two 80-pin KEL cable connectors on the top surface of the board, provide ANSI/VITA 17 FPDP/FPDP II connections to the FPGA, in the standard version of the board. One of these is configured as an input (FPDP/RM) while the other is configured as an output (FPDP/TM). These connections may be reconfigured for LVDS signals or for the other purposes. The ICS-7003 provides a cooling fan for each PMC site and engineering test points to the FPGA.
- Intelligent switch matrix provides user defined Pn4 connections between PMCs, or to FPDP II peripherals
- Each PMC site supports PCI-X allowing data rates up to 1 GByte/second
- Adapts two PMC cards to x8 PCI Express
- Transparent installation into PCIe systems - no additional drivers required
- Sensor Processing Resource Center